It’s August, time for more SearchNorwich! We’re back with some more Search goodness, incredible speakers, and some fun and casual networking, with some pizza and beers of course!
The talks and speakers
Macro Barra: Wish List Bikers
Key Takeaways from Marco:
Chris Green: Essential technical SEO learnings from launching and migrating over 120 websites
- All resources: Essential technical SEO learnings from launching and migrating over 120 websites
- Video of talk on YouTube
- Presentation on SlideShare
Key Takeaways from Chris:
- Set Expectations Early – What improvements can you expect, what content is needed, what potential issues lie with the new platform.
- Benchmark performance, show stakeholders what does/doesn’t work early on – use this to inform the migration prep
- Technical SEO fixes alone don’t improve rankings at site migrations
- Learn to work well with external parties, the project success depends on it
- SEOs alone build bad websites, know when to butt-out, but more importantly when to butt back in
- The CMO is more likely to cause SEO-issues than the CMS is
Lexi Mills: Fail-free marketing that builds links and influence
- All resources: Fail-free marketing that builds links and influence
- Video of talk on YouTube
- Presentation on SlideShare
Key Takeaways from Lexi:
- Not every business or client is in an optimum place to implement an integrated PRSEO strategy. Typically small to medium size firms are able to do this quicker. Larger firms always get more benefit from this type of strategy if key teams such as brand, social, PR, content and SEO can work together to agree on a strategy that fits in with their current workflow ahead of starting to implement this. Scheduling check ins with each team head can also significantly increase results and reduce friction from doing so.
- Setting up a strong press office that is clearly mapped out will not only increase the amount of press articles created by tradition journalists but also position you to get media placements from increasing amount of articles created by robo/ AI.
- Creating a tiered set of performance metrics that change and adapt over time allows for a team to clearly monitor progress of PR SEO activities. Some metrics are not possible to Turkey measure impact initially for example DA growth. However measuring amount of warm leads and confirmed articles can be measured in the first few months.
- Being fast it critical to gaining both quantity and quality results. Building agile teams and seeking out multiple spokespeople who can be quoted on a variety of specialist areas significantly aids this.
- Planning product launches in phases helps to not only increase results but also create a strong sustainable drumbeat of coverage.
- Targeting trade and business press to help build awareness of a brand with both media and consumers ahead of larger launches is often the gold ticket to success and we are seeing that a focus on trade and business media seems to be showing better movements in rankings than ‘one hit wonder’ campaigns that built a glut of links and coverage.
What’s this one all about?
After the success of the last meetup (where we got a record attendance!) we’re going to be bringing you some technical SEO and much loved content marketing. First you’ll see Chris Green who will be chatting about technical SEO and his experience with website migrations in his talk, and secondly some much loved content marketing from Lexi Mills.
Never been before?
You should! It’s a really friendly bunch of people and everyone comes with an open mind to learn. In fact, there are loads of reasons to come (apart from the free food, drinks, wine beer and cool arcade machines).
You’ll find out how people are really doing search marketing in the front line and winning results. Apart from listening to the speakers, it’s a great place to network if you’re after a job or just looking to swap advice with someone.
Date: 29th August 2019
Time: 6:15pm – 9:00pm
Location: 1st Floor Event Space, St. George’s Works, Norwich, NR3 1DD
Tickets: Attendance is free but you need to register on MeetUp
18:15-18:45: Meet new people
Grab a name badge and a drink, wear a smile and you’ll meet some lovely people who want to talk to you about search (and probably other stuff, too!).
18:45-19:00: Charity Spotlight: WishListBikers with Marco Barra
Marco will talk about the aim of WishListBikers and the positive help they provide to sick and disabled people.
19:00-19:30: Chris Green: Essential technical SEO learnings from launching/migrating over 120 websites
An important talk helping the audience and you to understand how to cope with each point of a website migration and avoid any problems to ensure your future migrations are a success.
19:30-20:00: Lexi Mills: Fail Free Content Marketing that builds links and influence
An actionable talk about how to successfully carry out PR SEO, and how to create, implement, and optimise these campaigns with associated metrics using real life case studies.
20:00-21:00: Networking and chats
Refill your glasses, share your thoughts on what you’ve just learned and meet some new people! Drinks and snacks are kindly provided by our September 2019 sponsors.
How to find the venue:
Never fear, it’s easy to find! Google Maps will take you straight to the front door of St. Georges Works off Colegate which looks like this:
Take a step in and go through the doors directly ahead of you and up the first stairs, turn left and you’ll see a sign for “First Floor” – you’re almost there! Go through the first door on your right and you’ll walk into the 1st Floor Event Space, congratulations, you made it! Grab a name badge, a drink and meet some of the friendliest search marketers in Norwich.
Where to park:
If you’re arriving by car, the nearest car park is St.Andrews Car park which is a mere 3 minute walk away from the St. Georges Works venue. You can check how many parking spaces are free in St. Andrews with ParkBot.
August 2019 Sponsors